Friday, January 18, 2008

Confessions of a Bad Parent

So, I admit, I'm not always the perfect parent. I have a quiet moment with Sophie sleeping peacefully. And, Kate is upstairs playing happily. I think, hmmm... I'll get some stuff done. I start off with good intentions - cleaning the kitchen. I find it has been a little while since I've cleaned off the counters. Then, I decide to sit down on the computer for a minute to play a game of solitaire. After losing the first one, darn it, I play another. After a while (and a few games), I realize, Kate is being a little too quiet upstairs. So, I get up to see what she is up to exactly...
The worst part is, when I found her, it was so stinking funny, I had to run downstairs (leaving her on top of the changing table) to get the camera. So, I'm not sure exactly how many parenting rules I've broken here, but... What's a girl to do??

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kate, did you just have a bath? Your hair is so shiney and I see you are applying lotion everywhere, even on the bottom of your clogs.
Grandma

Christine said...

How did she get up there?

Anonymous said...

That's th big question. Doesn't she look like her Aunt Christina?
Grandma

Rachel said...

I had a good laugh at this. She is so cute!

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious - i had a good laugh about that yesterday. she got a hair cut too I see! Very cute! I hope she keeps the curls as she grows up.

Aunt Christina