Tuesday, April 08, 2008

The Columbia, SC Zoo

Today, we went all the way to Columbia to go to the zoo. It was about as much fun as a girl could have in one day. We went with Mommy's cousin, Heather, and her 2 girls, Casey & Emma.
Here you see me - as pleased as punch, might I add - by the flamingos. They were very noisy. Mommy wants me to note that I learned a few fun new sounds from them that I practiced all the way (ONE AND A HALF HOURS) home.
This is a komodo dragon. Mommy says they had them in Indonesia where she grew up. She thought it would be a good idea for me to give him a hug. I, as you can probably see, am no dummy.
So, here I am with 2 of my fun friends. I think we are a pretty group of girls.
They being older and wilder decided to take me on a carousel.

One highlight of the day was being this close to a rabbit. I LOVE rabbits!Well, it has been a long day. I am plum tuckered out. (That is Southern for very tired.)

3 comments:

Christine said...

Who are those grown up girls??? I cannot believe how grown up they are. WOW! Kate, you were wise not to get too close to the dragon. Silly Mommy. Did you not take Sophie for the excursion? love you girls, Aunt Christine

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun day!
Grandma

Anonymous said...

LOVE the first photo and all the below...=O)
-Lea